The Pros and Cons of Locating in St. Joseph MO
- Affordable Cost of Living: St. Joseph has a lower cost of living compared to many other cities, making it an attractive option for those looking to stretch their budget further.
- Rich History and Cultural Attractions: St. Joseph has a rich history, including being the starting point of the Pony Express and the location of the Jesse James Home Museum. It also offers cultural attractions such as the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art and the Missouri Theatre.
- Picturesque Location on the Missouri River: Located on the Missouri River, the city offers scenic views and many outdoor recreation opportunities, including biking and hiking trails.
- Plenty of Outdoor Recreation Opportunities: Alongside the Missouri River, St. Joseph has several parks, including Krug Park, which offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and a golf course.
- Friendly and Welcoming Community: St. Joseph is known for its friendly and welcoming community, which makes it an easy place to make friends and feel right at home.
- Strong Education System with Renowned Colleges and Universities: The city has several renowned colleges and universities, including Missouri Western State University, which is known for its business and educational programs.
- Convenient location for travel, with easy access to major highways and an airport: St. Joseph is close to several major highways, making it easy to travel to nearby cities. It also has an airport for those who prefer to fly.
- Diverse Employment Opportunities Across Various Industries: St. Joseph offers a variety of employment opportunities including healthcare, manufacturing and education.
- Quality Healthcare: The city has several quality healthcare providers, including Mosaic Life Care and St. Joseph Health Center.
- Vibrant Arts and Entertainment Scene with Events Year Round: St. Joseph has a vibrant arts and entertainment scene with events such as the Coleman Hawkins Jazz Festival and the Trails West! Festival.
- Limited Public Transportation Options: The city has limited public transportation options, making it difficult for those without a car to get around.
- High Crime Rates in Some Areas: While St. Joseph’s overall crime rate is below the national average, some areas of the city have higher crime rates.
- Harsh Weather Conditions During Winter Months: The winter months can be harsh in St. Joseph, with cold temperatures and the occasional snowstorm.
- Limited Job Growth Compared to Other Areas: Although there are job opportunities in St. Joseph, the city has experienced limited job growth compared to other areas.
- Limited Nightlife for Young Adults: The city has limited nightlife, making it less attractive to young adults looking for a lively social scene.
- Some parts of the city are run down and in need of revitalization: As in many cities, there are also some parts of St. Joseph that are in need of revitalization.
- Limited shopping compared to larger cities: While the city has some shopping options, it may not have the same variety as larger cities.
- Rush Hour Traffic Congestion: Rush Hour traffic congestion can occur in certain areas of the city.
- Limited Population and Cultural Diversity: St. Joseph has a less diverse population compared to other cities, which may be less appealing to those seeking a more diverse cultural experience.
- Limited Outdoor Recreation Opportunities During Winter Months: The winter months can restrict outdoor recreation in St. Joseph, making it less attractive to those who enjoy outdoor activities.
By Robert Dunfee 0 Comments